- A little short on actual wet paint time this week :( Next week I will schedule it in so other stuff does not take over my art life.
- I dropped in on the Library Painters on Thursday (10am-2pm) - it is an open, free drop-in for artists to just bring their gear and project and paint with other artists. So great to see how the skills improve that way. Hmmm, I should join them next Thursday...
- I visited Hambleton Gallery in Kelowna, as I do whenever I can. Seeing high quality artwork in person keeps my 'artistic eye' tuned for professional level painting quality and skills.
- updated my website's Portfolio panels with more images, now I need to annotate them with names, sizes, media and prices.
- I have been working on photobooks of my art, since most are now unavailable to me (gifted, donated, or sold.) Now there is a 30% off sale if I can get them finished by Feb 12. There's a goal - and another project that keeps my hands away from actual paint.
- 10 people registered in the class now, so it is definitely a GO :)
- I shopped at Opus Art in Kelowna to get supplies for the class - brushes, paper, etc. Opus Art Store donated 15 of their cloth bags to hold the sets!
- More texts arrived - from Britain and New Zealand! 10 on hand now, only a few more to come.
- I am getting paint kits and palettes ready. I ordered more paint colours to make sure the palettes will be useful beyond the textbook exercises.