- Home Game:
OK, finally back in action:
- I softened the edges of most of the hard white spaces left by removing the masking. Since all the paint colours in this work are transparent, the hard edges would have shown through. The straight lines would have been a problem in a landscape.
- Second layer is putting the bright yellows in place. These will be mellowed with Quinachrodone Gold glazes later.
- The third layer starts the many layers of dark dull greens and purples that make the clean yellows pop.
This is about the time I get discouraged with the amount of work left (just like the middle of an essay) and I want to quit. However, making it public like this - it's harder to just give up with everyone watching.
- Facebook is still working for us with several painters posting their work. Several are now going beyond the textbook! Yea! That is the point of having a homework-based course - artists learn to solve the work issues without follow-the-leader classes. The skill levels immediately go up from then on - great work, people!
- And some are even running out of paper :) There are some extras left from stocking the initial kits and some pre-purchased at a sale for the next course (now cancelled) , so give me a call or text or email to get restocked.
Valley Visual Artists
Merritt once had a local art group called "Valley Visual Artists." They painted together regularly, organized annual art shows and hosted art workshops. It faded away, but never really disappeared. Maybe the VVA will rise again...