- Looking at the photo and why I wanted to paint it - the contrast between the dark sky and hills and glow of the yellow/orange grasses in the last rays of the sun. Now how to get that...
- First darken the sky, hills and water so the lights will stand out.
- Then correct the yellows so they are not so spring-like in this fall season.
- Start detailing the grasses and trees, but smudge the water reflections.
- There is great work showing up on the Facebook page from the watercolour class. I am simply amazed.
- That strong interest has me thinking of starting a new program to get more people involved. True to my usual form, the trigger is a new grant that was just announced and it would be perfect for this project. Stay tuned...
Valley Visual Artists
Merritt once had a local art group called "Valley Visual Artists." They painted together regularly, organized annual art shows and hosted art workshops. It faded away, but never really disappeared. Maybe the VVA will rise again...